FollowMe™ Life Insurance
The solution for those who are losing their group life coverage
Coverage for every age
and stage of life
Your insurance needs change over time. Major events like getting married, buying a home, having a baby or retiring can all increase the need for protection.
Are you losing your group life plan coverage?
If your group life insurance coverage through your employer is ending, FollowMe™ Life Insurance is the simple, affordable solution. Giving you an easy, convenient way to help ensure that your loved ones' financial protection will continue uninterrupted, this life insurance plan is available to Canadian residents aged 18 to 69.
As long as you meet the eligibility criteria, your acceptance is guaranteed – if you apply within 60 days of your group life coverage ending.
Features & Benefits
- Coverage amounts from $25,000 up to $200,000
- Your approval is guaranteed – if you apply within 60 days of losing your group life coverage
- No medical exams or questions when you apply*
- Coverage follows you as you change employers or retire
- Living Benefit cash advance - you could receive an advance of up to 50% (max. $50,000) of your coverage if you are diagnosed as terminally ill with 12 months or less to live
- Guaranteed renewable up to age 80
- Tax-free, lump-sum benefit paid to your beneficiaries
* The only health-related question you will need to answer is whether or not you are a smoker, which is used to determine your premium.
FollowMe™ Life Insurance Rates
Exclusions & Limitations
No benefit is payable under the CAA FollowMe™ Life Insurance Plan in the case of suicide, within two years of the effective date of the coverage. We will instead return all premiums paid, without interest.
Benefits will not be paid where death results, directly or indirectly, from a pre-existing condition during the 24-month period following the effective date of the policy. In such cases, total premiums paid will be returned without any interest adjustment. "Pre-existing condition" means any injury, illness or physical condition, whether diagnosed by a physician or not, for which medical treatment was sought, recommended, required or obtained, or for which drugs were prescribed and/or taken within the 24-month period immediately prior to the effective date of coverage.
This is not a contract. Actual terms and conditions are detailed in the policy issued by Manulife upon final application approval. It contains important details concerning exclusions, conditions and limitations. It is important that you read your insurance policy when you get it to understand exactly what you are covered for.
Single/ Recently Married/ Buying a Home
Help protect your loved ones' financial security.
Married/ Young Family/ Own a Home
Help safeguard your growing family and financial obligations.
Established/ Kids in School/ Mortgage
Help protect your family's lifestyle and dreams for your children.
Nearing Retirement/ Retiree
Help secure your assets, retirement nest egg and legacy.